Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day 24: A Green Smoothie Addict

I can't get enough of these green smoothies. For the past 3 days I have had what I've been calling "Monster Green Smoothies" for two meals. They're "monster" because they're big and green: 24 oz of tasty greenness.

I know I ought to seek out new recipes so that I don't get tired of drinking exactly the same smoothie every morning, and I do mix it up a bit, but I stick to a base of banana and spinach. I have come to like Michael's Super Defense Food Powder quite a lot. I have some soy yogurt which I could use as a base once I run out of bananas. I think I'll hunt down some new smoothie recipes today.

Breakfast:
1 Monster Green Smoothie:
  • 2 bananas
  • 1/4 of a fresh pineapple
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1/2 cup of pineapple juice
  • 1 oz of baby spinach
  • 1 scoop (2 teaspoons) of Michael's Super Defense Food powder

1 glass of water
1 multivitamin, 1 flax seed oil, 1 evening primrose oil
Lunch:
Potato-veggie Tofu Scramble*
1 glass of water
Afternoon Snack:
2 glasses of water (lunch was very filling)

Dinner
1 avocado
1 tomato
3 T tomatillo salsa

ok, yes, basically, I ate a bowl of guacamole for dinner, but my GOD was it good! The ingredients were organic, and all so fresh that it didn't need the enhancement of tortilla chips (no, not even Guiltless Gourmet or my homemade ones) or tortillas. I was eating this with a spoon until I thought better of it, got up and sliced up a red bell pepper.

1 red bell pepper
2 glasses of water

Note: I didn't even eat the whole bell pepper or the entire bowl of guac.


Potato veggie Tofu Scramble

Ingredients:
  • 2 medium red potatoes, diced
  • 1 vidalia onion, diced
  • 5 cremini mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1/2 block of firm tofu, diced
  • 1/2 oz of shredded soy cheese
  • 1 tomato, diced
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 heaping t of smoked paprika
  • salt and pepper


Directions:
  1. Saute potatoes and onions in a skillet that's been coated with cooking spray over high heat.

  2. Cover tightly so the steam helps cook the potatoes.

  3. Cook 5 minutes, then add the mushrooms, stir to coat and cover again, but stirring from time to time.

  4. Once the mushrooms have released much of their liquid, add the red bell peppers, stir and cover.

  5. Mix the tofu, shredded soy cheese, tomato, garlic and spices together in a bowl. Toss well.

  6. When the potato has cooked through, add the tofu-cheese mixture.

  7. Stir well, heating through, and serve hot.

Makes 2-3 servings

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails