Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sweet and Spicy Carrot Salad

Here's a recipe I'm planning on trying out soon. I'm not sure how much agave nectar I'll need because I've never used it before. I've read that it's a common replacer for honey, but it's not as viscous as honey. I'm planning on starting with a tablespoon of it and then moving on from there.

Sweet and Spicy Carrot salad

Ingredients:

  • 2 teaspoons ground flax seeds
  • 2 tablespoons hot water
  • juice of ½ lime
  • minced, fresh ginger
  • agave nectar
  • 1/4 teaspoon of smoked Spanish paprika
  • dash of cumin
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 large carrots, grated
  • mandarin orange segments
  • 1/4 cup walnuts, whole or chopped

Directions:

  1. Put the ground flax seeds in a small bowl and add the hot water. Stir and allow to sit 10 minutes until thickened.

  2. Add lime juice, ginger, agave nectar, smoked paprika, cumin and s&p. Taste and adjust seasoning

  3. Put the grated carrots in a bowl.

  4. Add the dressing and mix well.

  5. Fold in the mandarin oranges and walnuts.

  6. Serve chilled or at room temperature.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails