Thursday, May 21, 2009

Day 4 : 2 lbs gone

I stepped on the scale and I've lost a solid 2 lbs. Yay!

Ok, I can hear you now. I know it's "just water weight," people, but really, 2 lbs is 2 lbs whether it's fat from my ass or bloat from my waist. I'll take it. Don't be such a hater.

Breakfast:
Green Smoothie
  • 1 1/2 bananas
  • 1 medium apple
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 handfuls baby spinach

2 glasses water
1 multivit, 1 Evening Pr Oil, 1 flax oil, 1 fish oil
Morning Snack#1:
15 almonds
1 glass of water
1 cup of coffee with soymilk and stevia
Morning Snack#2:
Sweet and Spicy Carrot Salad Oh my, this is a good recipe!
1 glass of water
Lunch:
1 garlic and portobello veggie burger (I know, I've had these like 3 days in a row, but they're really good)
sesame and soy roasted asparagus and green onion
2 glasses of water
Afternoon Snack:
1 large apple (Jonagold) w/ peanut butter
2 glasses of water
Dinner:
Brown basmati rice & curried red lentils with cucumber and tomato (Still. What can I say? I made a bigger batch this weekend than I'd anticipated) <--I know that some carbs are trigger foods for spiking my blood sugar, but I wanted to test this out again with the rice. I ate less than I did before and got full quicker. Go figure. I did feel as though I was in a good blood sugar state today. No cravings.
1 glass of water



Notes:
  • No headaches at all anymore, and the brain fog in the morning has dissipated and I've only had one cup of coffee per day for the past two days. That's a huge improvement over where I was last week!


  • There's more of a spring in my step now. I don't feel that lead weight dragging me down anymore. I know that that is probably mostly mental, since I've only lost two pounds, but the enhanced energy has got to be from eating better foods


  • I find that I am visualizing more. For example, my water consumption is way up, and with each glass, I imagine that it is flooding my system and washing out toxins. Now, who knows if it's actually doing anything, but I've always noticed that visualization has a huge affect on my state of mind.


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails