Monday, May 25, 2009

Day 8: 3 lbs lost in week 1

3 lbs gone in a week, not bad. It's not as fast as when I was on the South Beach Diet a few years ago, but this works for me too. I'm betting that it's healthier.

I was thinking some more about why I got sick yesterday, and remembered that I found an old baggie of nutritional yeast and tasted a bit to see if it was still good. I honestly couldn't tell if it had gone bad - can nutritional yeast even go bad?- but it was the only thing I'd done differently, if my stomach problem was a food poisoning issue. I remember hearing a doctor say once that the vast majority of sudden-onset stomach problems are because of some sort of food poisoning. This was nothing close to the times I had serious food poisoning when I was overseas, but it made for an unpleasant half hour last night.

Breakfast:
1 flat bread with peanut butter
1 glass of water
1 cup coffee with soy milk and stevia
Morning Snack:
Green Smoothie
2 bananas
3 rings of pineapple
2 oz baby spinach leaves
1/2 cup pineapple juice
3/4 cup water
2 T flaxseed meal
Lunch:
popcorn and water <--I went to the movies again, this time by myself :)


Afternoon Snack:
1 flatbread with guacamole, sprouts and sunflower seeds
2 glasses of water

Dinner:
2 flatbreads with peanut butter
3 glasses of water



Notes:
  • I noticed when I came out of the movie theater that my throat was sore. At first I thogt it might just be from the air conditioning. A few hours later at home I realized that the glands in the roof of my mouth and my throat were all swollen hard. I began wondering if maybe the stomach upset from the previous day wasn't a viral thing that was now making its way through my system. I went to bed early.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails