Monday, May 18, 2009

Day 1 : Holy Detox Hell!

I am going to post my food journal here for now as a means to keep myself motivated. I kept an online weight loss journal when I was on South Beach, and it really helped me to focus.

Breakfast:
1 medium apple with natural peanut butter
1 glass of water
1 multivitamin, fish oil, flax oil, evening primrose oil
2 cups coffee with Splenda and Silk Very Vanilla Soymilk


Morning Snack#1:
pumpkin seeds and roasted salted sunflower seeds
1 glass water
1 cup Vanilla Strawberry Rose tea, unsweetened

Morning Snack#2:
2 tomatoes, cut in half and hollowed out, filled with hummus
1 glass water


Lunch:
brown basmati rice and curried red lentils with chopped cherry tomato
1 glass water


Afternoon Snack#1:
roasted almonds and dried blueberries
1 glass water


Dinner:
2 tomatoes, hollowed out with hummus and sprouts
1 glass water

Snack:
Babs's warm carob drink (see Notes)
Late Snack:
bowl of sweet corn with herbs
1 glass water


Notes:
  • I went grocery shopping today and got a ton of great produce.
  • I also dug out my food dehydrator and juicer. I'd love to try some of the raw food recipes for the dehydrator like the veggie and flax seed crackers. I've also found several green smoothie and juice recipes that would make a good drink for breakfast.
  • I'm looking forward to making my favorite cleansing juice: apple, beet, carrot, greens & ginger. It's truly delicious.
  • I'd like to find recipes for the fruit and veggie pulp too. It's a shame to just toss it, such a good source of fiber.
  • I had a slight headache when I woke up this morning. Yesterday I didn't have the usual amount of caffeine, so I think that's where the headache came from.
  • I had another headache a bit later on and I remember getting them on the first day of the juice fast I did a few years ago, so that could be the body's natural response. Ironically, I did feel peppy today when I was out and about, so I think I can bear the occasional detox headache. :)
  • I may try making a warm drink with soymilk and carob powder. It might make a nice pre-bedtime snack.**


**I did make it and it's very tasty!

Babs's Warm Nighttime Drink

  1. Heat up some vanilla soymilk in the microwave for 90 seconds.
  2. Take it out and add carob powder and 1 packet of stevia.
  3. Stir well, mixing all carob powder thoroughly.
  4. Pop it back in the microwave for 30 seconds.
  5. Stir and enjoy. :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails