- 1 ½ cups bulgur (cracked wheat)
- 1 ½ cups very hot water
- 4 small persian cucumbers, diced finely
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped finely
- 4 green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh chopped mint
- 1 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Juice of 3 lemons (about 1/3 cup)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- pepper and salt to taste
- Place the cracked wheat in a bowl or plastic container, and pour the near-boiling water over it. Cover and let sit for about half an hour, until the water is absorbed.
- Drain out any excess water, if necessary, and squeeze dry.
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper together. Whisk with a fork and let sit.
- Prepare the vegetables for the salad by dicing them finely.
- Stir the bulgur, vegetables, and dressing together in a medium bowl. Taste to adjust seasoning, and then chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- I like to garnish it with more chopped parsley and kalamata olives.
My Biggest Flaw
3 hours ago